Concluding a transaction is a complex and multi-stage process, which requires special care and security measures from business owners. In today’s world, organizations can conduct this transaction remotely via digital solutions, which saves time, money, speeds up work, and increases productivity. But for the transaction to go smoothly and successfully, it’s worth choosing only reliable spaces to conduct them. A virtual data room is a safest and most convenient option for conducting transactions today.
Basic security features of virtual data room
Different developers offer different feature options and security levels, but security is a top priority for all of these solutions. That’s why VDRs are considered among the best solutions for storing and exchanging data. So, the list of possible document security features can include:
- Watermarks – These stamps protect your files from data leakage and indicate your legal ownership of these documents. These marks include the date and name of the user who placed the document in the space
- Self-destructing documents – VDR administrators can block access to a document by another user, even if it has already been downloaded to a third-party device
- Data encryption -Secure encryption methods protect documents from leakage, both during transmission and during normal storage
- Document access control – gives you the ability to customize the level of security for each document. You can deny document visibility, ability to copy, print, upload, or forward the document
- Backup -This process happens all the time and can guarantee the integrity of your data no matter what happens
- Virus scanning – built-in anti-virus automatically scans each downloaded document for viruses to keep malware out of your document system
Features of VDR access security
In addition to basic security features, every quality virtual data room provider or have it calls in Germany virtueller datenraum anbieter provides additional security features, here are some of them:
- Flexible access -allows any authorized user to log in from anywhere in the world, on any device, and start working at any time
- Multi-step verification – if you choose to log in from another device, you will be required to pass a verification that protects the space from unauthorized logins
- Role-based access – defines user capabilities within the space based on their assigned role
- Two-factor authentication -protects login and in addition to the password, also asks for a unique code that is sent to personal cell phones
Features of VDR analytics and reports
Another advantage of making deals inside a virtual data room is that the administrators and the owner of the space can control and monitor all the events taking place inside the VDR. Thus, he can correct mistakes found in time, steer the course of the deal in the right direction, and determine which of the potential partners are the most interested in cooperation. Here are the top features that can help you do just that:
- Audit Logs – this feature automatically records all events that happened inside the space in chronological order
- Automatic reports – records the exact time of all actions of all users within the VDR and within the documents themselves. After a certain (configurable) period, this report is sent to the administrator
- Document versions control – you will be able to track any updates and changes in the document, as well as return the previous version if needed
- Notifications – administrators will receive instant notifications if any changes, edits, etc. have been made in the space.
So, with all these security features that your data room provider equips you with, you will be able to provide yourself with a safe and comfortable deal that will lead you to your desired goal.